Equal Opportunities Cell
(w.e.f. January 9, 2023)
The Equal Opportunities Cell consisting of the following members has been re-constituted by the Vice-Chancellor to oversee the effective implementation of policies and programmes for the disadvantaged groups and to provide them guidance further and counselling with respect to academic, finance, social and other matters and to enhance the diversity within the campus:
- K.Vidyullatha Reddy, Professor of Law and Registrar, NALSAR University of Law
- N. Vasanthi, Professor of Law, NALSAR University of Law
- D. Balakrishna, Assistant Professor of Law, NALSAR University of Law
- Neha Pathakji, Assistant Professor of Law, NALSAR University of Law
Dr. D. Balakrishna will continue as Advisor.
Roles and Responsibilities of Advisor
The Advisor shall:
- Oversee / monitor various welfare schemes / programmes sponsored by the government of India / State Government, UGC or any agency / organization as well as those devised by the College / affiliating University for the disadvantaged groups of their effective implementation;
- Be responsible for the effective functioning of SC/ST Cell and other such Cells / Centres dealing with the problems of different socially disadvantaged groups;
- Convene the meetings of in charge of other Committees / Programmes dealing with social issues such as Gender Sensitization Committee against Sexual harassment (GSCASH), to review their activities;
- The advisor shall submit the progress / review report to the Registrar. The coordinators of SC/ST Cell, Remedial Coaching and other schemes etc., shall be closely associated with the Equal Opportunity Centre.